With this voucher you can get 20% off a fantasic day out at Castle Howard! Visit the iconic interiors of Castle Howard and enjoy access to the grounds, adventure playground, shops and restaurants. House tickets are booked in 15 minute slots. Just select the time you would like to visit and allow 30 minutes from arrival in the car park to accommodate the walk down to the house.
Please Note: Due to essential maintenance and conservation, the West Wing Bedrooms are currently closed and will not be featured on the visitor route. We have re-opened the New Library as part of the public route this year for the first time instead!
Spellbound at Skelf Island: Tales of the Tawny Owl
This summer, our famous adventure playground with treetop nest structures connected by rope bridges, slides, nets, and climbing equipment will be brought to life with theme activities during the holidays.
Join the Skelves for a spellbinding summer of adventure at Castle Howard. The Summer solstice is past and it’s a time when the Skelves magic is strong, whisking families away on their very own adventure in the woods. Join Rowan, the Skelves’ healer and potion-maker, as she tells the story of how she forged a bond with a very special Tawny Owl on an adventure to capture the healing power of the sun! Then discover for yourself the world of the Skelves’ Wild Wood where play and creativity await you!
Dates: 30th July – 4th September: Skelf Island is ready to welcome back the Skelves for a summer of theatre, craft and play. With Skelf Wild-Wood self-led activities including den building, decorating the trees, woodland tapestry, sun dial making.
Weekend Skelf Theatre performances at 11.30am, 1pm & 2.30pm
Weekend Skelf Drama and Activity Workshops at 11am, 12pm, 2pm, 3pm
Interactive woodland workshops on Magic, Potions and Birds on selected weekends (check website for details)
You can access Skelf Island and our themed summer activities with a valid Gardens and Grounds ticket.
WHAT ELSE TO EXPERIENCE AT CASTLE HOWARD
From £20 a night you can camp over at the Lakeside Holiday Park which is a stone’s throw away from Castle Howard. Immerse your little ones in nature, with fun-filled exploring in the Howardian Hills.
The Adventure Cinema is coming to Castle Howard this summer with daytime and early evening showings of family favourites such as Encanto and Harry Potter.
Spend happy days exploring magical woodland paths, picnicking by the lake and discovering flowers and wildlife in the Walled Garden.
Ride the land train through the grounds to the lakeside play area and let off steam on the swings, slides, towers and bridges of the high-energy Adventure Playground.
The nearby Boathouse Café serves snacks and drinks and you are welcome to enjoy your own picnic at the tables by the playground. Enjoy an ice cream from the kiosk or a sweet treat from the Coffee Shop in our Stable Courtyard. Alternatively, pick up a ready prepared lunch box from the house Fitzroy Restaurant or choose from the children’s menu at our Courtyard Café.
Why not become a member and make great days out a regular part of your summer with annual family memberships starting from £130 which includes unlimited admission to the House and Grounds and many more benefits.
If you’d like to book tickets to any events and days out at Castle Howard, you can do so via the following link: https://www.castlehoward.co.uk/whats-on
Terms and Conditions
- This voucher is valid for entry for (non-member) 2 adults and (non-member) 2 children to Castle Howard House & Grounds for one day.
- YOU MUST PRESENT THIS VOUCHER ON ARRIVAL AT THE BOX OFFICE TO GAIN ENTRY TO THE VENUE
- THIS VOUCHER IS VALID FOR USE UNTIL 4th SEPTEMBER 2022.
- Grounds are open from : 10am – 4pm (5:00pm site closure) House is open from: 10:30am – 3pm (last admission)
- Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable
- This voucher cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers promotion. This voucher is not transferable. Voucher valid for the admittance 2 adults & 2 children (max) to Castle Howard House & Grounds only valid for use until 4th September 2022. This voucher must be presented on arrival to gain entrance. No Change will be given. There are no refunds available and it is non-exchangeable. Only one voucher permitted per transaction. Photocopies are not accepted. Castle Howard reserve the right to refuse entry without explanation.
- This voucher is uniquely identifiable and will be checked at the establishment. This voucher can only be used once. The establishment reserves the right to refuse this voucher. If multiple copies exist this voucher will only be accepted on its first presentation. Establishments decision is final.
- Offer valid on House and Gardens
- Tickets only Discount cannot be exchanged for any financial or credit value
- Ticket valid for use between 30th July – 4th September
Find us on Google Maps »